Are you running out of time finishing up your homework or report and then suddenly realize you still have a couple of images in the PNG format to combine?
Modern office software, web-based conversion tools, and mobile office applications are a few of many ways to combine multiple files, including images in JPEG and PNG formats, that don’t require too much effort.
Here are the most practical and popular ways and tools to combine multiple .png-formatted images into a single file:
Websites like PDF.io can do various tasks, like merging multiple images in the PNG format into a single PDF file. The best part is that they offer most of their services for free and online, anytime. Here is a simple guide on how to combine multiple PNG images into a PDF file with PDF.io:
- Click CHOOSE FILE
- Select the images you want to upload and combine
- Hit the CONVERT button (Give a couple of seconds for the service to process the conversion)
- You will see the “DONE!” message and the DOWNLOAD button
- Click the DOWNLOAD button to get the finished output
And voila! Your images are combined into a single PDF file. Not only will you save time and effort, but also the file size will decrease.
If there are tasks aside from simply combining images, like resizing or editing colors, then Photoshop would be the next best option. Familiarity and expertise may be required but combining PNGs is easy as drag and drop.
- Open Photoshop
- Create a new document. Select “File”, click “New”
- Drag and drop your PNG files from your image source to Photoshop. Take note that each image is assigned in layers (1 image is one layer), so you have the freedom to edit each one separately
- Once you’re finished, go to “File” and select “Save as”
- Next to “Format,” select “Photoshop PDF” from the dropdown menu and click the “Save PDF” button.
- The next window is where you can configure your PDF file.
- Finally, click “Save PDF” and “Yes” to the pop box asking to “Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities.”
Adobe Acrobat may be the most popular software for combining multiple files, such as PNG images. Still, a paid subscription is required since Acrobat’s only free-to-use tool is a Reader application. But for those who are willing to pay, here’s a simple guide to combining multiple PNG files:
- Open Acrobat DC and Open the Tools tab
- Click “Combine Files.”
- Click “Add Files” and select the images you want to include in your PDF.
- Click “Combine Files.”
- Lastly, assign a filename and click the “Save” button.
MS Office Applications
Microsoft Office is a top choice since most of us are familiar with MS office tools. The good thing about MS Office tools, now called Office 365, is that whether you use Word, Powerpoint, or Publisher, they have the same interface. Therefore, you can easily combine multiple JPG or PNG images in one file. Here’s how to do this:
- Open the Office application
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click illustrations
- Select then click “Pictures” and underneath its dropdown and preferred source of the images.
For example, the picture comes from your computer file storage; once you click “Picture from File,” select all the images you want to combine and click Insert.
You now have the freedom to do some edits like resizing, adding some text, etc. Once you are done, you can save the File into one a Word or PDF file.
Google Docs / Google Slides
Lastly, Google created Office applications inspired by MS 365 Office tools but as cloud-based applications. Surprisingly, but today more than 2 billion active monthly users turn to it. Just follow the simple steps to combine multiple images:
- Click the + sign to create a new document
- Click the Insert Tab and select Image Dropdown.
- Choose the images you want to combine, whether from your computer, drive.
- Click the File and on the dropdown, select “Download” and select PDF document.
Modern office tools paved the way for more productive work by speeding up the completion of office tasks. Nowadays, there are many software and office tools that you can rely on. They don’t require any professional help or prior experience. With the intuitive interface, you can easily combine your PNG images in a matter of minutes. What is more, you can choose from a variety of tools and do the job on any device, from a smartphone to a tablet or PC.